United Way Day of Caring Program
The Day of Caring Program matches employers, employees and members of organized labor with projects that allow individuals a behind-the scenes look at nonprofit agencies in our community. Day of Caring volunteers make a firsthand difference in the community by working as a team to perform meaningful volunteer projects at a variety of different agencies.
Our office manages all Day of Caring projects for the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo regions. We’ve provided a of initial community project needs in the downloadable lists below. However, if your group has a specific interest or project request, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help customize an experience. Get started by downloading the appropriate regional listing below:
If you wish to submit your registration through an online form, please see below.
1. Designate a Day of Caring contact person
2. View the Day of Caring Listing and select your project(s) (linked above)
Projects are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. If the projects listed don’t match your needs, please communicate needs to United Way.
3. Pick a proposed date for your Day of Caring project(s)
You may schedule projects at any time throughout the year. Allow for plenty of time when scheduling project dates. Most agencies need 3-4 weeks, at minimum, to schedule volunteer groups.
4. Complete the Project Selection registration
Fill out the form below, or save and email/print and scan the form linked above via email or fax to 269.966.4194. Please let us assist you in the connection with your chosen agency.
5. United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region will help facilitate a connection
You will receive an email confirmation that includes agency contact information for your project(s).
6. Your chosen agency will plan the remaining details with you directly
i.e. Reviewing complete project information, finalizing work schedules, etc.
7. United Way provides complimentary Day of Caring T-shirts
We invite you to wear the shirts while completing your project. We’ll help arrange your shirts when you confirm a project. For questions or to order shirts directly, contact us: via email, 269.788.1131.
8. United Way is here to assist you along the way in any way needed: via email, 269.788.1131
Register your group below to set up a Day of Caring project!